Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Family Room Done

I'm so excited.  I have been wanting to change this room forever!  We moved here in 1989, and put paneling in to finish the room.  Ron didn't want to put sheet rock up and have to do all the work on it, so I let him go for the paneling.  I have never enjoyed being in the room.  Even in winter when the fire is going.  It was always dark and uninviting.
After meeting Ann over at On Sutton Place, and seeing what she did to paneling I got the nerve up to dive in!  I went to Lowe's and picked out the most beautiful yellow.  Olympic's Butter.  I'm not a yellow person, but this color is truly the color of butter!  I am so pleased with it. 

 This is what it looked like before I got to this side of the room.  Please excuse the mess!

 This was the first wall I tackled.  I had just put primer on these walls.

 This was getting the paint in the cracks over by the closet.  They were easy.  I really didn't like using the roller.
And the finished wall with the fireplace.  What a difference!  I am really looking forward to sitting down here now in the winter.  So much brighter!
Thanks for stopping by today.


2 comments:

  1. I like the color you chose, I'm not a yellow person either but I went with a buttery yellow in my family room when I put my house on the market. ...make sure you post pictures once you have everything back in it's place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you! This looks great and thanks for mentioning my blog. I am a total fan of anything yellow. So sunny and bright. I'm a new follower. Looking forward to seeing more of your blog. What made you start up again?

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online